The Alba School was built by Alba Road neighbors in 1895. Classes were held in the school from 1895 through the early 40’s. Since then it has served as a neighborhood-operated library and meeting hall.
For more details, see
The schoolhouse and grounds are managed and maintained by the Alba Park, Recreation, and Parkway District, a special recreation district of Santa Cruz County. The District’s Board of Directors consists of 5 volunteer Alba Road residents who live within the district boundaries.
We’ve heard (but have not yet be able to confirm) that the Alba Rec District is the smallest rec district in all of California!
The Alba Park & Rec District’s operating budget is funded solely by contributions and event rental income. The district does not receive any financial support from property taxes, the San Lorenzo Valley School District or Santa Cruz County.